The Software Explorer (SolidSX) is a standalone Windows application that gives insight in large software systems. SolidSX creates high-quality visualizations that simultaneously shows the structure, dependencies, metrics on all types of source code elements (files, classes, methods, fields, etc.). By using hardware-accelerated graphics, SolidSX is able to display large amounts of information in a clear and concise manner and provides fast and easy exploration through large source codes.
SolidSX extracts dependencies and metrics from Microsoft .NET assemblies. This means that SolidSX supports all of the .NET programming languages, such as C#, Visual Basic, and Visual C++ (managed). We plan to add support for the Java programming language in an upcoming version.
Try it out now! Download the free Trial version, install, run, choose "import .NET Assembly", and Xplore!
* Extracts and visualizes call graphs, class inheritance, type usage, field accesses and various code metrics, such as method complexity and number of casts.
* Extracts information from .NET assemblies (.exe, .dll), and supports all of the .NET languages, such as C#, Visual Basic, and managed Visual C++.
* The source code is not needed for importing .NET assemblies, so SolidSX can also be used to inspect third-party assemblies (like .NET Reflector).
* Acts as a stand-alone Windows application, but also comes with a plug-in to seamlessly integrate into Microsoft Visual Studio. By integrating into Visual Studio, you can navigate Between source code and visualization with the click of a button. (Requires Visual Studio 2008 Standard edition or higher)
* Open input data format. Easy to integrate with third-party tools that we do not (yet) support. SolidSX is not restricted to visualize sofware, but can also be used as a generic Dependency Viewer. See the User Manual for more information.
Fixed some bugs.